Welcome to the one-stop spot for everything horse in Jefferson County!
Celebrating 49 years of serving
the Jeffco equine community!
Sponsored by the Jefferson County Horse Council (JCHC), an umbrella advocacy group with the goals of promoting and protecting horses in Jefferson County, Colorado through:
- Legislative Issues & Zoning Regulations
- Educational Programs & Public Outreach
- Establishment & Preservation of Trails/Arenas
- Emergency Evacuation Support
We need you to be a part of this organization! If you have a horse in Jefferson County or a business/organization available to horse owners and enthusiasts in Jefferson County make your voice heard by joining JCHC today!
Please join us on Facebook! If you're a current JCHC Business/Organization member, we'll include your Facebook business page in our Liked Pages section.
**New Information Bulletin Board**
- Rabies has been confirmed in JeffCo - All horses should be vaccinated!
For further details on this and other equine health updates, please see our ALERTS! section on our forum page.
- Please join us for our October monthly meeting on Monday the 3rd starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Green Mountain Conference Room in the lower level of the Exhibit Hall at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. Our guest speaker will be internationally recognized clinician Anna Twinney from Reach Out To Horses [ www.ReachOutToHorses.com ] She will present “Establishing Fairness with Your Horse and Creating a Personalized Program.” Guests are always welcome! Please email info@JeffcoHorse.com for more information.
- Please join us for our November monthly meeting on Monday the 7th starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Green Mountain Conference Room in the lower level of the Exhibit Hall at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. This is the JCHC Annual Business and Strategy meeting including officer and board member elections for 2017. Board members on the ballot are encouraged to bring a dessert to share for the meeting’s refreshments. Guests are always welcome! In addition, nominations will be accepted to vote for the JCHC 2016 Horseman of the Year award and possibly a Lifetime award to be presented at the annual Christmas party on December 5th which is by invitation only to current JCHC members - so be sure to renew your membership today! Guests are always welcome! Please email info@JeffcoHorse.com for more information.
- In lieu of a December meeting, JCHC hosts all current members to its Annual Christmas Party on Monday, December 5th by invitation only. This not-to-be-missed event will include live entertainment by award winning cowboy singer Liz Masterson [ www.LizMasterson.com ] She will also have her new CDs available for sale which make great gifts for the holidays! To renew your membership or to join JCHC, please email info@JeffcoHorse.com for more information.
- The January JCHC meeting has been cancelled due to the Federal Holiday on Monday the 2nd. Please email info@JeffcoHorse.com for more information.
- Attention Jeffco Open Space Equestrian Users: We need to make our voices heard when we encounter problems with parking or other concerns at one of their parks! Please email Colleen Gadd at email@example.com to politely explain the situation.
- JCHC is proud to announce their Jeffco Equine Community Calendar and Classifieds forum. View upcoming equine-related activities by month. Find/post your equine-related needs and wants on items such as horses for sale, equine tack/supplies, hay, trailers, help wanted, and equine properties/boarding.
- Be sure to visit our new Horse Resource Directory page for valuable listings of horse-related products, services and programs.