Jefferson County Horse   Council Forum Index Jefferson County Horse Council
The One-Stop Spot for Everything Horse in Jefferson County!
Visit our web site at www.jeffcohorse.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Become your horse's trusted partner!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jefferson County Horse Council Forum Index -> New Equine Products & Services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foundation Horse Training

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Become your horse's trusted partner! Reply with quote

Foundation Horse Training - Monica Wheeler
Arvada, CO
Phone: 720-771-6307
Email: monica_wheeler@msn.com

I have been around horses most of my life. As a teenager I showed hunter/jumpers on the "A" circuit in Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. In my early 20's I rode at various hunter/jumper show/sale farms on the East coast, as well as grooming three horses for an Amateur for one summer (this allowed me to observe the Olympic riders on the show circuit). After a few years away from horses, I re-entered the industry for trail riding (competitive and recreational), cross-country jumping, pair pacing and cattle sorting, while my son showed a hunter/jumper pony.

Having owned a variety of horses, as well as the many I've worked with over the years, my philosophy is to establish the leadership role so the horse first respects then trusts me. Most of this is accomplished through thorough ground work. As a complement to the knowledge I acquired over the years, I am inspired by Clinton Anderson's method. The horse must learn to use the "thinking" side of his brain rather than the "reactive" side.

Earn your horse's respect by creating a good foundation. For example teach your horse:
* to respect you and your space
* to stand still while being mounted
* to easily load into a trailer
* to think verses react to scary situations.

My years of experience and inspiration from Clinton Anderson's method will help you see results quickly. You can also find me on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/foundationhorsetraining

Serving the Metro Denver Area - your location or mine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jefferson County Horse Council Forum Index -> New Equine Products & Services All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: